Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our favorite, stinky, soft, fish brownie dog treat recipe

Fish BROWNIES

2- 5oz cans water packed tuna, chicken, salmon, crab, mackerel or any other canned meat
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour (approx)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 or 2 cloves of minced garlic IF DESIRED

Do not drain tuna (or other type of meat), mix all ingredients, should be the consistency of biscuit mix. Press on to a cookie sheet to about 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness. Cool, cut with pizza cutter, place in bags and toss into freezer until just before class/practice time.

I have also made this recipe doubled or tripled (I freeze the extras). I have made it with mixed proteins, I have added pumpkin or sweet potatoes and the only thing that ends up being different, is I may have to play with the quantity of flour a little bit. For flour I have used garbanzo bean flour primarily, because my dogs eat very little grain, and this is a high protein flour, but you can use anything you like. I have tried them with oat flour as well. I have also added my dogs kelp supplement to the treat mix as well. These treats are easy to make, cut easily, and the dogs (my own and clients dogs as well) go nuts for them.

One caution is that they will spoil in a few days if not refrigerated or frozen, so I just keep them in the freezer in between classes/training sessions. One other caution is be prepared for your house to stink for the next day or so after you make them!

No comments: